- Translation project which will run for six months. Material to be translated is generic, not relating to any specific field and mostly colloquial and telegraphic style.
- Translation will be done on an online tool.
- Required monthly output is equivalent of 75 single spaced A4 pages per month (around 3.5 pages daily).
- Quality of translation is very important and will determine participation in future projects. Every work will be checked for quality.
- There are specific instructions guiding the translations and these have to be followed, as such, participant needs to be able to understand and follow instructions.
- Translate English text to Idoma/Ijaw/Bini and vice versa
- Use specified translation software
- Run checks on the translations to mitigate errors
- Maintain consistency in translations
- Carry out bug fixes on translations reported with errors
- Report any issues hindering work swiftly so it can be addressed
- Native speaker of language applied for
- Proficient knowledge of English both oral and written
- Degree/certificate in translation or linguistics (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Very good grammar and spelling skills in target language
- Familiarity with computers and linguistic software packages
- Ability to understand instructions and follow them
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accountability, ability to meet deadlines and to work in a team
Apply if qualified and interested.