Babelos Ltd. is a language services company which offers a range of services including translation, transcription, web, mobile, game localization, voice solutions, and cultural consultation. Babelos provides localization services for top-tier technology firms – localizing their software into African languages, and also creates datasets used to train AI-language engines.
As such, Babelos deals at one end with linguists who are specialists in their languages, and at the other end with anyone who has material to localize.
This position is for a Project Admin who will interface between linguists and clients to ensure quality work, proper and timely delivery of all tasks.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple localization projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate all phases of client projects.
- Liaise with clients to clarify project parameters and also communicate with linguists to convey these parameters.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contract linguists globally.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation vis client portal and internal project management portal.
- Monitor and control project status – with focus on key stages (50% & 90%).
- Perform quality checks at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy (proofreading, final eye)
- Read and Understand client feedback, raised issues (bugs) and required fixes, send to linguists in easy to understand format.
- Monitor translation boards for jobs and place bids.
Essential skills and experience required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, other languages would be an asset.
- University Degree (preferably in linguistic/translation related studies).
- Good writing skills
- Good eye for detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand complex instruction sets and pass across such information clearly and simply
- Ability to spot errors in text structures
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Independence in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Highly-developed computer skills (MS Office).
- Experience in translation and localization project management would be a strong advantage.
- Ability to work at a basic level with all translation tools. (training can be provided).
- Good verbal communication skills, ability to pass across essential information to linguists to guide their work.
- Ability to write to explain concepts and pass across information