The Operations Manager will:
- be responsible for the entire Production team
- develop and execute strategies to deliver better services and greater value to our customers in key strategic industry sectors internationally
- manage relationships with new and existing clients to meet or exceed the company’s growth targets
- ensure that such growth is profitable and delivers scale for the company
- develop marketing and communication activities through social media and presence at industry conferences
- Rapidly engage with clients to identify their requirements, business and localization related goals and articulate how we can help them.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and understanding of client’s business needs, identifying where the company’s services portfolio can offer value.
- Oversee and upscale the Babelos production team to provide the best customer experience to its customers while pursuing relentless innovation.
- Day-to-day management of the Babelos production activities, including project management, file preparation and analysis, translation, quality management and DTP; hiring, training & development, and supervision of staff in two locations.
- Inspire, motivate, and empower the production team members to develop operational solutions to Babelos clients.
- Deliver a culture of accountability, open communications and true partnership among the team leads relating to all team interactions.
- Develop trusted partnerships with clients, colleagues, and suppliers by sharing expertise and support.
- Prepare reports for the CEO as required.
- Participate in client and vendor business reviews as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Business, Language, Localization or Translation studies or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 + years of experience in the translation and localization industry preferred.
- Extensive experience in the supply or client-side translation within a project, account and/or operations management role with people management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, developing and leading teams through periods of change.
- Team player and team builder with the ability to problem-solve, show initiative and influence others.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure when delivering to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability in understanding customer needs and business processes and building relationships that are seen as a valued resource to the client.
- Proven experience in building and developing strategic partnerships; confidence speaking to clients, negotiating and closing deals.
- Experience and/or qualifications in quality/business management strategy systems such as ISO, Six Sigma or Balanced Scorecard, etc. is a plus.
- Willingness to share their expertise to promote the growth of the team.
- Ability to apply original thinking and creativity and willingness to challenge the conventional wisdoms and seek new ways to gain incremental improvements.
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients and partners.
- Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels.
- Excellent knowledge of Translation Memory tools and Translation Management Systems (TMS). Excellent understanding of Machine Translation (MT) engines and MT Post-editing, (processes, tools, schedule and budget impact).
- Excellent computer literacy skills and strong inclination to use technology to collaborate in a community, collect feedback, analyze data and automate data management steps. User of tools to manage metrics, reports and cost calculations.
- Flexibility and a positive, ‘can-do’ approach.
Apply if qualified and interested.